1) Open Internet Explorer by double-clicking on the blue “E”
2) Look for the Address space, and double-click on the blue “E”
3) When the menu of already-visited web sites drops down, look for www.Yahoo.com and highlight it
4) If you do not see Yahoo.com on the list, simply move the cursor to the middle of the Mount Diablo home page address and click once. When it becomes highlighted, type in www.Yahoo.com and press Enter or click Go
5) When you see the Yahoo.com home page, click on the icon at the top labeled “Email”
6) On the left, you’ll see a box which asks “New to Yahoo?” and offers you free email. Click on the underlined link labeled “Sign Up Now”
7) You will have three choices. The first type of account is free, the other two cost money. Click on the first box on the left.
8) Fill out the application from top to bottom. You can use “Tab” to jump down to the next space.
9) The most difficult boxes are the first two: Your ID should be something that relates to your name, and something that friends and family can remember (like your nickname, your initials, your hobby, but not your birth date or something else more personal). Also, remember that you may give this email address out to professionals that you meet, so don’t make it too silly or funny. The second box is your password: Make it something that is close to your heart and personal, so that you will remember it. Your spouse’s name, your city, your pet’s name, your child’s name, or even your birth date. You can ALWAYS change your Yahoo password later if you want to.
10)Type and re-type your password slowly and carefully so that there are no mistakes. It should be at least 6 characters, so if your password is “dog”, then you should make it “dog123” or “dog456”.
11)When an account application like this one asks you to choose a question to answer later if you’ve forgotten your password, this is simply to identify you, not to discover your password. Just choose one and type the answer.
12)Where it asks for your Industry, Title, and Specialization, just select anything (using the small black triangle to the right of the space). You must select something, but it doesn’t need to be your exact profession. This is probably just for statistical purposes, so that they can see what kind of people sign up for Yahoo accounts. But the list is very limited.
13)When you click on “Submit” at the bottom of the page, it might tell you that “Someone else has already chosen that user name”, and you will have to select one that they suggest, or create a new one. You might have to go back to the application and type your password again, or you might not. Submit your application again.
14)When you see the page which gives your new user ID and Yahoo email address, WRITE THIS INFORMATION DOWN IN YOUR NOTEBOOK! Also, WRITE DOWN YOUR PASSWORD. If you are new to email, you will quickly forget this and then it will be impossible to use your email account and you will have to start from the beginning.
15)At the bottom of the page, click on “Continue to Yahoo mail”.
16)If a window pops up which asks you if you want to download something, just click on No.
17) Reading your email: Click on the underlined link “Inbox 1” (this means that you have one email letter). Scroll down to read the letter, and delete it. When someone you know writes you a letter, you may delete it or click on “Reply” to send a reply.